Pineapple Drop Doughnuts
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Shortening (for frying, 1-inch deep)
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pineapple syrup
- Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons pineapple syrup for glaze.
- To pineapple, add egg, biscuit mix, sugar and nutmeg; stir into stiff dough.
- Heat shortening to 375 degrees F. Drop dough by teaspoonsful into hot fat; fry
to golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with slotted spoon; drain
on paper towels.
- Dip some of donuts in pineapple glaze, others in confectioners' sugar or
- Serve warm.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and pineapple syrup; mix until smooth.
Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen; enough Glaze for 12 to 15 donuts.