Poor Man's Doughnuts
- Slices of bread
- Jam (your favorite)
- Cinnamon sugar or icing sugar
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Doughnuts: Cut crusts from bread. Make jam sandwiches. Cut into squares. Dip
in batter. Deep fry. Roll in sugar.
- Batter: Mix dry ingredients, beat eggs and milk. Add wet to dry mixture and mix
- Dip sandwiches into batter (do not soak).
- Deep fry until golden.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5/10/02 7:44:15 am.