Spiced Raspberry Jelly Doughnuts
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups Raspberry Filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- 1 pound raspberries plus 1/2 cup whole raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1/2 teaspoon cold water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dougnuts: In a small saucepan, heat milk to a boil. Remove from heat, add sugar and cool
to 110 degrees F.
- Mix together warm milk and yeast and let sit for a few minutes. Transfer to a
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a wooden spoon, add flour
mixture to the milk mixture. Mix in egg yolks, melted butter and lemon zest. Turn
mixture out onto a well-floured surface. Knead to form a dough. Place dough in a
clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Place in a warm, draft-free area
and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured surface. Roll out the dough to
1/8-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into 24 circles.
Place 12 of the circles on a parchment lined sheet pan. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling
into the center of each circle. Brush beaten egg around the perimeter of each of
the 12 circles. Place another circle on top of the raspberry filling and press around
the edges to seal. Cover the tray with a towel and let rise another 30 minutes in
a warm, draft-free location.
- In a large, deep pot, heat the oil to 325 degrees F. When the doughnuts have
risen, fry them in the oil, a few at a time, turning often until both sides are
golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and sprinkle
with confectioners' sugar.
- Raspberry Filling: In a saucepan, combine 1 pound raspberries, sugar and lemon
juice. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and raspberries begin to break down.
Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Strain through
a fine mesh strainer into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes,
- Add in 1/2 cup whole raspberries. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat, whisk
in cornstarch mixture. Return to high heat, bringing to a boil, whisking constantly
until mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and cool.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups filling - 12 doughnuts
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Doughnut Recipes