- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 packages dry yeast
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups milk
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put yeast into enough warm water to cover. Let activate.
- Mix sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients, except the flour. Mix.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Let rise.
- Roll out and cut.
- Let rise again, then fry.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Doughnut Recipes