Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
A new twist on classic scrambled eggs. This quick and easy dish is chock-full of antioxidants and has a spicy, south-of-the-border kick. Great for breakfast or brunch.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 15 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes with Onion and Garlic
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper strips
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- Cook tortillas in butter in large skillet until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Add liquid to skillet; cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken and bell pepper; heat through. Reduce heat to low; add tortillas and eggs.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or green onions, if desired.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: