A new twist on classic scrambled eggs. This quick and easy dish is chock-full
of antioxidants and has a spicy, south-of-the-border kick. Great for breakfast or
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes with Onion and Garlic
- 3 corn tortillas,
cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup shredded cooked
chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup green pepper strips
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded
low-fat Monterey jack cheese
- (Optional) cilantro
- (Optional) green onions
- Cook tortillas in butter in large skillet until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Add liquid to skillet; cook over high heat
for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken and pepper; heat through. Reduce heat to low; add tortillas
- Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or green onions, if desired.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min | Serves: 4
Reprinted with permission from
Del Monte Foods.