Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese isn't just for lunch or dinner; add a scrambled egg and some bacon for a yummy breakfast version.
Prep: 4 min | Cook: 6 to 8 min | Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices Co-Jack cheese
- 4 slices fully-cooked bacon
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, Gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Remove from pan.
- Clean skillet.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter evenly on one side of each bread slice.
- Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down.
- Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: Calories: 408 Total Fat: 23g Saturated fat: 11g Polyunsaturated fat: 2g Monounsaturated fat: 6g Cholesterol: 239mg Sodium: 698mg Carbohydrates: 24g Dietary Fiber: 4g Protein: 23g Vitamin A: 777.6IU Vitamin D: 52.7IU Folate: 52.7mcg Calcium: 256.9mg Iron: 2.4mg Choline: 156.7mg