Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese isn't just for lunch or dinner; add a scrambled egg and some bacon
for a yummy breakfast version.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- Salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter,
room temperature, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices Co-Jack
- 4 slices fully-cooked bacon
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, Gently pull the eggs across the pan
with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting
and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir
- Remove from pan.
- Clean skillet.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter evenly on one side of each bread slice.
- Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down.
- Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon.
- Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese
is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Servings: 2 sandwiches
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 408 Total Fat: 23g Saturated
fat: 11g Polyunsaturated fat: 2g Monounsaturated fat: 6g Cholesterol: 239mg Sodium:
698mg Carbohydrates: 24g Dietary Fiber: 4g Protein: 23g Vitamin A: 777.6IU Vitamin
D: 52.7IU Folate: 52.7mcg Calcium: 256.9mg Iron: 2.4mg Choline: 156.7mg
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.