Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Baked Avocado Eggs
An ideal nutritious recipe for lunch or brunch...or anytime else for that matter.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 2 medium size, firm, ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil*. Form 4 circular rings out of aluminum foil to use in keeping the avocados
upright for prepping and baking.
- Slice the avocados and remove the pits. Place avocados inside the foil rings on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Scoop out a hole where the pit was. Hole should be large enough to hold one broken egg.
- Break an egg into the center of each of the avocados, being careful to keep the yolks intact. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with parsley and ground pepper and serve.
Large size muffin tins can be used in place of a baking sheet and foil to keep them straight up and easier to fill.
Slice off a small piece of the bottom of avocado to make it stand up straight.
This recipe is an excellent source of choline and a good source of protein and vitamin A.