Breakfast Biscuit Quiches
Easy individual quiches for a fun, kid-friendly weekday breakfast or a simple
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 1/4 cup finely
chopped green onions
- 3 EGGS
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces; 10 biscuits) refrigerated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cheese, ham and green onions in small bowl; mix well.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Separate biscuits; press or roll each into a 5-inch round on lightly floured
- Place 1 biscuit in each of 10 greased muffin cups, leaving the 2 cups in
center of pan empty.
- Press biscuits firmly against bottom and sides of cups and form rim at top.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each cup.
- Pour in egg mixture, dividing evenly.
- Bake in center of 350 degrees F oven until filling is set and biscuits are
deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 10 mini quiches
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 167 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated
fat: 3 g Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g Monounsaturated fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 66 mg Sodium:
486 mg Carbohydrates: 16 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 7 g Vitamin A: 176.4 IU Vitamin
D: 16.7 IU Folate: 28.7 mcg Calcium: 88.5 mg Iron: 1.2 mg Choline: 43.9 mg
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.