Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 tablespoons cream
- Salt and white pepper
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Pimento strips
- To make cream sauce, melt butter in top of double boiler. Add flour and cook, stirring with wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk slowly, stirring. Return to heat and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Mix curry powder and cream, and add to thickened sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sliced eggs in buttered casserole and top with pimento strips. Pour cream sauce over all, lifting eggs gently so sauce reaches bottom of casserole. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Should be served immediately.
This should be served over rice with some or all of the usual curry accompaniments: chutney, shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, raisins.
This is a delicious brunch dish and is very good served with a broiled tomato, French bread and a fresh fruit compote.