Delaware Baked Eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated sharp cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 dashes hot
- 4 dashes Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup light cream
- Buttered toast
- Put butter into a baking dish that is at least 2 inches deep. Warm dish long
enough to melt butter. Cool dish so eggs will not set but butter will remain liquid.
Sprinkle one half of cheese over butter.
- Break eggs into 4 separate spaces, far
enough apart so they will not run into each other. Put dashes of hot pepper sauce
and Worcestershire in center of each egg yolk. Spoon ketchup over yolks. Pour in
cream. Sprinkle remaining cheese over eggs.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees F,
until eggs are set.
- Serve each egg on a slice of buttered toast and spoon the pan sauces over it.
Makes 4 servings.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/10/02 2:49:39 pm