Denver Omelet is a classic. It's hard to beat!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and vegetable oil
- 3 – 4 beaten eggs, seasoned with
kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup diced cooked ham (about 1/4 inch)
- 2 tablespoons
diced green or red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced red or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup
sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat an 8- or 10-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- While the pan is heating, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until well blended but
- When the pan is hot enough to sizzle a drop or water, add the butter and oil
- When butter stops foaming, add ham, peppers and onions, and sauté two minutes
or until very hot.
- Whip the eggs a couple of times and pour eggs into pan and let sit on heat until
eggs begin to cook around the edges.
- Lift edges of eggs with a rubber spatula and tip pan to allow liquid to run underneath.
- Repeat until top is thickening and very little liquid egg remains.
- Add cheese and cover until cheese is melted.
- Fold omelet and divide before sliding onto plates.