Easy Chili Garlic Omelet
Onions, shiitake mushrooms, red bell peppers and a delicious sauce make this
Easy Chili Garlic Omelet recipe a beautiful dish that is great for lunch, brunch
- 5 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 2 small fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Whisk eggs, sesame oil, seasoning sauce and chili garlic sauce in large
bowl until frothy.
- Stir in green onion, mushrooms and bell pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat. Swirl skillet to coat.
- Add egg mixture. With a spatula, lift the edges of the omelet so the uncooked
egg runs underneath. Continue cooking without stirring until the omelet is almost
firm on top and browned underneath.
- Turn omelet on to a heatproof plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan, carefully flip the egg back
into the pan and brown the other side.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Prep 10 min | Cook 10 min | Servings: 4
Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé and meals.com
>> Egg Recipes