This basic 2-egg omelet is the perfect individual portion and can easily be doctored
up with your favorite ingredients.
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon Challenge Spreadable Butter with Canola
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine 1/2 tablespoon of butter thoroughly with egg yolks.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar on surface of egg whites and beat until stiff.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white until color appears uniform.
- Heat remaining butter in an 8-inch omelet pan or heavy gauged, oven-safe sauté
pan over medium heat; swirl pan to coat bottom of pan.
- When the butter begins to foam and turn brown, add the egg mixture and sprinkle
with the cheese.
- Transfer pan to oven; bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until omelet is set and springs
back when lightly pressed in center.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the omelet to loosen and gently slide and fold
omelet on to individual serving plate.
Yield: 1 serving
For 2 servings, double ingredients and use a 10 1/2-inch pan.
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit: