- 2 tablespoons bottled reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In small saucepan over medium heat, cook dressing, carrots, onions, and peppers
until tender. Stir in cucumber and tomatoes. Set aside; keep warm.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and salt, if desired.
- In 7- to 10-inch omelet pan over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil until just
hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in 1/2 cup of the egg mixture. Mixture
should set immediately at edges. With inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked
portion at edges toward center, tilting pan and moving cooked portions so uncooked
portions can reach hot pan surface. When top is thickened and no visible liquid
egg remains, fill with 1/4 of the vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts.
Fold omelet in half. Invert onto plate.
- Repeat for remaining omelets.
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.