Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Serve Mexican Scrambled Eggs with refried beans and garlic toast.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 small green chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten with salt until frothy
- Heat half the oil and sauté the tortilla strips. Drain.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet and stir-fry the chopped tomato, onion and green
chile 30 seconds.
- Put tortilla strips back into the skillet. Pour beaten eggs into the skillet
over other ingredients and cook, stirring often, until mixture sets.