As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa or taco sauce, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons (0.5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Lemon and lime wedges, optional
- In small saucepan over low heat, stir together beans and 2 tablespoons of
the salsa. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Keep warm while
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and water until blended. Evenly coat 7-
to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat
until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Pour in egg mixture. (Mixture
should set immediately at edges.) With an inverted pancake turner, carefully
push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot
pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary. Cook until
top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains.
- Spread hot bean mixture down center of omelet. Sprinkle with cheese. With
pancake turner, fold sides of omelet over beans and cheese. Slide from pan onto
plate. Spoon on remaining salsa.
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Egg Recipes