Scrambled Egg Cupcakes with
Cheddar Cheese Frosting
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives
- 8 (2 x 2-inch) squares sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare baskets, flatten bread slices with rolling pin. Spread butter on one
side of each slice. Press bread, buttered side down, into 8 muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare eggs. Melt butter in large skillet. Add beaten eggs and chives
and cook over medium low heat until softly scrambled. Season with salt, if desired.
- When bread baskets are done, increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
- Fill baskets with scrambled eggs, top each with a square of Cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.