Scrambled Egg Cupcakes with
Cheddar Cheese Frosting
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chives
- 8 (2 x 2-inch) squares sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Baskets: Flatten bread slices with rolling pin. Spread butter on one
side of each slice. Press bread, buttered side down, into 8 muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Eggs: Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet. Add beaten eggs and chives
and cook over medium low heat until softly scrambled. Season with salt, if desired.
- When bread baskets are done, increase oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
- Fill baskets with scrambled eggs, top each with a square of Cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 11, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Egg Recipes