Shrimp and Scrambled Eggs
Scrambled eggs go Asian with these Chinese-seasoned scrambled eggs. If
desired, you can marinate the shrimp in rice wine or sherry and a bit of
cornstarch before stir-frying.
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- Wash the shrimp and pat dry; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs, then stir in the chicken broth,
salt, pepper, rice wine, oyster sauce and green onion.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When the oil is hot,
add the shrimp. Stir-fry briefly, until they turn pink. Remove and drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and turn the heat to high. When oil is hot, add the
egg mixture. Scramble gently for about 1 minute, then add the shrimp.
Continue scrambling until the eggs are almost cooked but still moist. Remove
from the heat and let sit for a minute before serving.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Egg Recipes