- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and jalapeno in oil until tender; remove with
a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour eggs into the same skillet; cover and cook over
low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the onion mixture, bacon, tomato, avocado and 1/2 cup cheese. Season
with salt and pepper.
- Fold omelet in half over filling. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with salsa if desired.