Spicy Avocado Toast with Egg
A vegetarian toast recipe of cream cheese on whole grain bread topped with mashed
avocado and zesty tomatoes and an egg.
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original DicedTomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 6 slices oval-shaped whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mash avocado in small bowl. Stir in drained tomatoes, lime juice and 1/4
teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
Add eggs; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese evenly on toasted bread slices.
- Top with avocado mixture and eggs.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper on eggs.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 20 Min | Total Time: 20 Min | Yield: 6 servings (1 toast each)
Nutrition Information Amount per Serving Calories 288
% Daily Value* Total Fat 17 gram 26% Saturated fat 6 gram 28% Cholesterol
197 mg 66% Sodium 529 mg 22% Carbohydrate 26 gram 9% Dietary fiber 7 gram 27% Sugars
5 gram Protein 13 gram Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 8% Iron 11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Egg Recipes