This is a traditional recipe for the famous Western Omelet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- dash pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Beat eggs and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- When the butter is foaming, pour mixture into hot skillet. Cook, stirring gently
to cook evenly. Turn and cook other side.
- Serve while still somewhat moist and creamy.
Serves 4 to 6.