Almond Eggnog French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Confectioners' sugar
- 8 to 10 slices sesame seed
- French bread
- Whisk the eggs together. Add the half-and-half, vanilla extract, brandy
and nutmeg. Pour into a shallow baking dish. Lightly dip and coat each bread
slice once. Set them aside.
- Using a covered pan, cook in butter on low to medium heat, 3 1/2 minutes
for the first side. Turn over, lightly sprinkle slivered almonds on each slice
and cook second side for 3 minutes.
- Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar just before serving.