Angel Food French Toast
- 1 angel food cake, sliced into 12 pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream
- maple syrup
- fresh mint
- In a measuring cup, whisk flour into a few tablespoons of milk until it's totally
dissolved to create a bit of a slurry. Add back to the rest of the milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat. Gently dip each
piece of angel food cake into the egg mixture, fully submerging it and covering
all the sides. Make sure to let most of the egg drip off. Place a bit of butter
in the skillet/griddle, then place cake on it and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes
per side. The only additional step here is you want to fry each side, then turn
it on it's "back" and get that thick third end of the cake. Repeat with remaining
slices, adding a bit of butter each time.
- Serve with syrup, berries, whipped cream and fresh mint.
Serves 4-6 | Total Time: 30 minutes or less
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes