Apple Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread or Texas toast, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick, crusts removed
- 3 to 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar combined with 2 tablespoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch glass pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place two layers
of bread in bottom.
- Mix milk, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Pour half over bread layers.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place on bread. Cover with remaining milk/egg
mixture. Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, bake for 1 hour at 325 to 350 degrees F.
- Let stand for a few minutes before cutting.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.