Apricot Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 very thick slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- French Toast: Make a pocket in bread slices by slicing again, but not all the way through.
- Mix the cream cheese with the pecans and a couple tablespoons of the confectioners'
sugar. Stuff the pocket in the French bread with the cream cheese mixture. Dip into
a mixture of whipping cream, eggs, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Grill on hot griddle, and serve with Apricot Sauce.
- Apricot Sauce: Mix apricot preserves with orange juice over low heat.