Baked Butter Pecan French Toast
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely chopped ham
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- Maple syrup, if desired
- Combine brown sugar, butter and honey in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring frequently, until sugar melts (2 to 3 minutes).
- Pour into ungreased 13
x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Top with half of bread slices; sprinkle
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla extract in large bowl; beat until well mixed.
- Dip remaining bread slices into egg mixture on one side only. Place over ham, dipped-side
down. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread slices.
- Combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl; sprinkle over top.
- Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 servings; invert each onto serving plates.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
* Substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon
ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition Facts (1 serving): Calories: 590; Fat: 29 g; Cholesterol: 205 mg;
Sodium: 730 mg; Carbohydrates: 68 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 17 g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes