Baked Caramel French Toast
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (3/4 inch) diagonal slices French bread
- Spray 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium
heat until smooth, stirring constantly. DO NOT BOIL.
- Spread topping in sprayed baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Add milk, vanilla extract and salt; beat well.
- Dip each bread slice into egg mixture, making sure all egg mixture is absorbed. Place
bread slices over topping in sprayed baking dish.
- Cover, then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Uncover baking dish; bake 20 to 25 minutes
or until bubbly and toast is golden brown.
- Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Invert onto large serving platter.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes