Baked Cinnamon Toast
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices French bread
- In a wide shallow bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut each slice into 3 or 4 strips.
- Working with 1 strip of bread at a
time, turn strips quickly in butter, coating them on all sides, letting any excess
drip off, then turn them quickly in cinnamon-sugar, coating them on all sides.
- Bake strips in lightly buttered jellyroll pan in upper third of a preheated 375 degree
F oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake 10 more minutes.
- Transfer with tongs to serving plate.
Makes 24 pieces.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.