Baked Cinnamon Toast
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices French bread
- In a wide shallow bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut each slice into 3 or 4 strips.
- Working with 1 strip of bread at a
time, turn strips quickly in butter, coating them on all sides, letting any excess
drip off, then turn them quickly in cinnamon-sugar, coating them on all sides.
- Bake strips in lightly buttered jellyroll pan in upper third of a preheated 375 degree
F oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn and bake 10 more minutes.
- Transfer with tongs to serving plate.
Makes 24 pieces.