Baked French Toast with Cherry Topping
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices French bread (4 x 3 x 1-inch)
- 4 cups sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Vanilla yogurt
- Combine milk, eggs, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons sugar, orange peel and salt; mix
well. Pour half of mixture into each of two 9-inch-square baking dishes. Dip both
sides of each slice of bread into milk mixture; arrange in the same baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Marinate cherries in orange juice and remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar overnight.
- Carefully transfer slices to a nonstick, buttered baking sheet using a large
spatula; allow excess liquid to drip into pan used for soaking.
- Bake in preheated
400 degrees F oven for 15 to 18 minutes; turn slices over halfway through baking
time. Top each slice with 1/2 cup cherries and a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories274; Carbohydrates45 g; Protein10
g; Fat6 g; including sat. fat2 g; Cholesterol163 mg; Sodium320 mg; Calcium140 mg;
Dietary fiber2 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 fruit, 2 bread/starch, 1 medium-fat meat,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes