Baked Orange Pecan French Toast
- 4 eggs, or 3 egg whites and 1 egg
- 2/3 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk or soy milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 (1/2 inch thick) bread slices
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Beat together eggs, juice, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Arrange bread in single layer, top with egg mixture.
- Refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
- Melt butter in 10 x 15 x 2-inch pan and arrange bread on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pecans, maple syrup, or your favorite marmalade and bake 10 minutes