Baked Pecan French Toast
Assemble the night before serving, then bake instead of fry! This is a good time-saving,
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 12 (1-inch) slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vegetable oil spray or melted butter
- Maple syrup
- Place the eggs, milk, sugar, nutmeg or cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium
mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mist the bottom of a 12 x 8-inch glass casserole with vegetable oil spray or
brush with melted butter. Place the bread slices in a single layer in the pan. Pour
the egg mixture over the bread, distributing it evenly. Turn the bread slices once.
Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap. Sprinkle the
bread slices with pecans and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes,
or until bread slices puff up and pecans are deep brown but not burned.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.