Baked Raspberry Almond French Toast
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 2 large store bought croissants, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Honey (warmed) or confectioners' sugar for garnish
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Place the milk, egg, sugar, amaretto, cinnamon and salt in a shallow 1-quart
baking dish and whisk to blend well.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of the raspberry preserves over the bottom half of each
croissant. Replace the croissant tops and press them together. Place the filled
croissants in the baking dish, turning to coat with the custard. Let the croissants
soak for 30 minutes to absorb the custard mixture, turning often.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Butter a cookie sheet.
- Place the almonds in a shallow bowl.
- Carefully remove the soaked croissants from
the bowl and coat both sides with almonds. Place the coated croissants on the buttered
baking sheets and brush with melted butter. Discard any custard mixture left in
the baking dish.
- Bake until the croissants are puffed and browned, and the custard
is set, 25 to 27 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the croissants to serving
plates. Drizzle honey over croissants or sift confectioners' sugar over them,
and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Makes 2 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.