Banana French Toast
This is great to make the night before, then refrigerate until baking time.
- 2 ripe medium bananas, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices French bread, untrimmed
- 1/2 cup semisweet or milk chocolate pieces
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a bowl gently toss bananas with lemon juice. Arrange half the bread slices
in the bottom of a greased 2-quart square baking dish. Top bread with a layer of
bananas, chocolate pieces and remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Pour
slowly over bread to coat evenly. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle bread with almonds
and sugar. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F, then bake 20 to 25 minutes more or
until knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top of French toast is
lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes