Banana Split French Toast
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 large bananas
- Prepared whipped topping
- Chocolate-flavored syrup
- Drain cherries; discard juice or save for another use. Halve 8 cherries
for garnish; set aside.
- Chop remaining cherries. Cut off and discard ends of bread; slice remaining
loaf into 16 (1/2-inch) pieces.
- Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar at medium speed until creamy;
stir in chopped cherries. Set aside.
- Blend eggs and milk in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Dip bread slices in
egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bread
slices in batches, using more margarine when needed. Cook until golden, turning
to cook both sides. Slice bananas in half lengthwise, then in half again crosswise.
Gently spread 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture onto each slice of French toast;
top with banana quarter.
- Serve topped with whipped topping, reserved cherry halves; drizzle with
Makes 16 slices; 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Cherry Growers Foundation
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes