Banana, Strawberry and Cream
Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 large cake soft cream cheese
- 2 wide loaves French bread
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 cups milk (at least 2% fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint blueberries
- Chop strawberries and bananas, and cream them together with strawberry jam
and cream cheese.
- Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Cut a pocket into the bread but do not cut through the crust on the bottom.
- Stuff with the filling.
- Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl that is not too deep, so
that the bread does not get soggy.
- Using tongs, take stuffed bread and put one side at a time into the egg
- Fry in butter until brown.
- Stack in a glass dish and keep warm in the oven until you're finished
with the servings you need.
- In a blender, liquefy 2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup sugar and a
little water to make a thick syrup.
- Put one piece of the French toast on a plate.
- Top with the strawberry sauce.
- Sprinkle on confectioners' sugar, and scatter fresh blueberries around
- Serve at once.