Bananas Foster French Toast
French toast gets a tasty twist with the addition of bananas, rum extract and
pecans. The use of cinnamon bread is ideal!
- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 6 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Spray bottom of 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange
bread cubes in baking dish.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk and 1/2 cup of the maple syrup with wire
whisk. Pour over bread in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover; bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until
golden brown along edges.
- Let stand for 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2 cups maple
syrup uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until warm.
Stir in rum extract.
- Sprinkle banana slices and pecans evenly over bread; drizzle with 1 cup
of the warmed syrup mixture.
- Serve immediately with remaining syrup.
- Serve with crisp bacon or sausage.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 9 hr 10 min | Servings 8
Rum extract can be found in the baking section of your local grocery store.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 150), %
Daily Value Total Fat 17g 17% (Saturated Fat 3g, 3% Trans Fat 0g 0% ), Cholesterol
215mg 215%; Sodium 260mg 260%; Total Carbohydrate 105g 105% (Dietary Fiber 4g 4%
Sugars 75g 75% ), Protein 11g 11%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 7
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.