Black Walnut French Toast
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons chopped black walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 (0.8-ounce) white bread slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add 2 tablespoons chopped
black walnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet over medium heat; add banana slices,
and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in toasted black walnuts and 1/4 cup honey, and remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Lightly press bread
slices, one at a time, into egg mixture, coating both sides of bread. Cook bread,
in batches, on a nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat 1 to
2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with banana mixture and syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes