Black Walnut French Toast
- 2 tablespoons chopped black walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 (0.8-ounce) white bread slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add 2 tablespoons chopped
black walnuts, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small skillet over medium heat; add banana slices,
and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in toasted black walnuts and 1/4 cup honey, and remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Lightly press bread
slices, one at a time, into egg mixture, coating both sides of bread. Cook bread,
in batches, on a nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat 1 to
2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure, if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with banana mixture and syrup.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.