Caramel Apple French Toast
Bake a morning breakfast with caramel apple appeal! You'll love this delicious French toast recipe with make-ahead directions so it's ready to bake the moment you awake.
- 12 slices (1/2 inch thick) Rhodes™ Bread, baked according to package instructions
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 large granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is completely incorporated.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Top with half of the pecans, 6 slices of bread and remaining pecans. Arrange apples and remaining bread slices over the top.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt. Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully invert onto serving platter.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 45 min | Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.