Caribbean French Toast
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 6 (1-inch) thick slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Place bread slices
in mixture; turn slices to coat evenly. Let stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet. Add 3 slices bread; cook
over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan;
keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over toast.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes