Cherry Almond Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf white bread
- 4 cups frozen Door County cherries (rinsed and drained)
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup powdered
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cut the loaf of white bread into cubes. Place the cubes into a greased 9 x 13-inch
baking pan. Spread the cherries over the bread.
- Microwave the cream cheese to soften
it. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond extract and sour cream to cream cheese.
Spread over cherries. Cut ten 1-inch slices of French bread, place the slices over
- Beat the eggs well, add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond
extract, the milk, and cream, and beat again. Pour the egg and milk mixture over
the French bread slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered with aluminum foil for 40-50 minutes,
then uncovered for last 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- Let set for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and sliced almonds before slicing.
Makes 10 servings.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 5/5/02 10:47:37 pm.