Cherry French Toast
Storage tip: Cool and freeze calzones in freezer-safe plastic bags or aluminum foil. Reheat at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes when ready to serve.
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix*
- 2 cups pitted and halved Northwest fresh sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
* Check on ingredients needed to prepare dough.
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, and cinnamon.
- Mix cream cheese and almond extract.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Flatten into 6-inch rounds. Spoon 1/4 cup cherry mixture onto one half of each round. Top with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and 1 teaspoon almonds. Fold dough in half and seal edges. Pierce tops with a fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Makes 1/4 cup.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information - Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 353 Cal., 9.3 g pro., 6.1 g fat (15% Cal from fat), 67.5 g carb., 9 mg chol., 2.8 g fiber, 439 sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Washington State Fruit Commission
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.