Chocolate French Toast
This would taste great with strawberry or raspberry syrup along with some fresh
strawberries or raspberries and some whipped cream.
- 1 loaf day old French bread
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Your favorite syrup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with vegetable shortening.
- Cut French bread into 6 slices, 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a small sharp knife,
cut 2-inch long slits in one side of each slice, cutting 3/4 of the way through
the bread to create a pocket.
- Spoon 2 to 3 good size tablespoons of chips into each pocket and press to close.
- Place the filled slices into the prepared baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract, mixing
well. Pour over the bread slices and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several
hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the French toast
slices with your favorite syrup.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 1/4/2002 10:07 am.