Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
Stuffed French toast should be a staple at any brunch and we love to make it
for a weekend breakfast treat too. If you love this sweet, rich dish and you
love chocolate, then this chocolate stuffed French toast recipe is sure to
delight you! While it’s perfect on its own, with delicious pockets of warm
chocolate tucked inside the French bread, it’s also fantastic topped with maple
syrup or maple syrup blended with a bit of Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt.
- 4 thick slices French bread
- 1-2 bars favorite chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt, plus additional for topping
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- Maple syrup
- Make “pocket” in each bread slice by cutting 2-inch slit in bottom and
expanding with a paring knife, being careful not to cut through sides.
Insert a piece of chocolate into each pocket.
- Whisk eggs until frothy
in medium bowl. Add half-and-half or milk, yogurt and vanilla and whisk to
- Soak bread slices in milk mixture for a minute or two until
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat just
until it starts to bubble; add bread slices and cook until golden brown on
both sides, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with maple syrup or
syrup blended with a little additional yogurt.
Yield: 4 servings
Photo courtesy of Katie Webster.
Recipe credit (used with
permission): Cabot Creamery
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes