Cinnamon Roll French Toast with Caramel Syrup
This would make the perfect breakfast in bed for Mom!
- 8 Rhodes™ Cinnamon Rolls, thawed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lay cinnamon rolls in a sprayed 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch sprayed bread pan and
push them together to remove any air pockets.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool before slicing.
- Combine eggs and beat well.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture and cook in a sprayed electric frying
pan heated to 350 degrees F.
- Caramel Syrup: Combine buttermilk, sugar, butter, corn syrup and baking
soda in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium low (make sure it continues
- Cook, stirring continually for 8-12 minutes or until the syrup reaches a
rich golden brown color.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
Servings: varies | Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw time) | Bake Time: 25 min