French Toast Baked in Honey Pecan Sauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 thick slices French
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- For honey butter, mix butter, honey and brown sugar in mixing bowl and beat until
light and fluffy; spoon into a crock and chill until firm.
- For French toast, mix eggs, half-and-half, 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar and vanilla
extract in small bowl. Pour half of the mixture into a shallow dish. arrange bread
in dish and top with remaining egg mixture.
- Chill, covered, for 8 hours or more.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar, honey,
maple syrup and pecans. Arrange bread slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30
to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve at once with honey butter.
Before measuring honey, coat cup or spoon with vegetable cooking spray.
The honey will slide off easily. Try the same technique with peanut butter, syrup
Source: Savor the Moment, The Junior League of Boca Raton, Florida