French Toast with Raspberry Butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk, any type
- 8 ounces cream
- 1 loaf extra sour French bread
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 basket
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound
cold butter or margarine
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Prepare French toast by whisking together eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Set
- Place pairs of bread slices on counter being careful to match the pairs. Spread
soft cream cheese on one side of the French bread slice. Cream cheese should be
spread completely over bread so that a good seal can be made. Spread jam on the
other slice of bread. Place two slices together to make a sandwich. Dip slices into
egg mixture. Cook on sprayed or butter griddle until brown on both sides.
- Serve with raspberry butter and fresh raspberries.
- To make raspberry butter, microwave berries for one minute. Chill.
- Whip cream
cheese and butter until fluffy. Add raspberries and powdered sugar. Mix until blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (leftover raspberry butter freezes well).
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 11:24 am.
Recipe used with permission from
Pat Scheuner, Grandpa's Cellar, Apple Hill - News 10
Midday, Sacramento, May 23, 2001 - kxtv.com