Gooey Orange Oven French Toast
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 16 bread slices; whole wheat or white bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine butter, honey and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; mix well. Pour
mixture evenly into 2 ungreased 15 x 10-inch baking sheets.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat eggs. Add milk, orange juice, sugar, orange peel,
salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; mix well. Dip bread into egg mixture. Place on
mix in pans. Pour any remaining egg mix over bread. At this point, can be covered
and refrigerated overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or
until golden brown, turning halfway through baking.
- Arrange on platter with orange
- Serve with Orange-Honey Butter.
- Orange-Honey Butter: In small bowl, combine softened butter, honey and grated
orange peel. Beat at high speed until light and fluffy.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/15/02 9:09:45 am.