Pineapple Upside-Down French Toast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 slices raisin bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a 9-inch square baking pan; remove
- Mix together brown sugar, pineapple and pecans; spread evenly over bottom of
pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pineapple juice over pineapple mixture (discard remaining
juice, if any).
- In a shallow dish, beat together egg and milk with a fork. Dip bread slices into
egg mixture, coating both sides; place bread slices on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in baking dish 1 minute, then remove
with a spatula.
- Serve immediately with pineapple side up.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes