Raspberry Caramel French Toast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound raspberries, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub Crystal Light Lemonade Powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar, heat to boiling. Pour into
a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- Remove 1 inch from each end of French bread loaf, slice into 24 equal slices.
- Beat eggs and milk until smooth. Using tongs, quickly dip 12 slices of bread
into egg mixture, arrange in single layer over brown sugar mixture. Spread cream
cheese evenly over bread slices in pan. Spread 1 tablespoon raspberry jam over cream
cheese. Dip remaining bread slices in egg mixture, arrange over jam layer. Slowly
pour remaining egg mixture over bread slices.
- Combine 2 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon,
sprinkle evenly over French bread. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree F oven until browned (30-40 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine sliced raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In pitcher, combine lemonade powder with water until smooth.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups lemonade mixture with cornstarch. Bring
to a boil, stirring constantly, boil and stir 1 minute.
- To serve, stir raspberries and juice into lemonade mixture. With spatula, remove
each serving to dinner plate. Top with strawberry-lemonade mixture, dividing evenly.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/18/2001 6:54 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes