- 4 slices raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons good dark rum
- Generous sprinklings of nutmeg
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs vigorously. Whisk in milk, rum and nutmeg. Place
all four pieces of bread in the egg mixture and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a heavy, nonstick skillet. When the skillet is very hot (but
not smoking), place the pieces of soaked bread on it and fry until golden brown.
Flip them and repeat on the other side.
- Serve with pure maple syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> French Toast Recipes